Monday 23 November 2009

KUMPULA



Old friends were waiting me at home. They might be the first knitted work I did at school, it is the first time I wear them. Mieke Willems has these fellows in some beautiful color tones too.


Home smells of cinnamon buns and smoke. Also some small heaps of past snow and glittering layer of frost were waiting for me when I arrived last night after a long journey. I hoped to find the winter here already, but seems that I missed it. I thought to travel far only to return in full winter, but seems that it is not so simple with it. As I wrote in "Proof of Winter", it really is not that easy to make friends with winter. I wanted the winter to wait for me, but now I have to wait for it after all.


Home is called "Kumpula". "Kumpu" means a hummock. There are small hummocks around, but during the years these small natural hills got even smaller.

10 comments:

  1. Bonjour anna EmiLia!!! i Love this space! as always beautiful work...i like this mushroom stooL & the little animal socks...so where are you at the moment ? home (finland?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heippa. Tästä tuli jotenki hyvä mieli. Koti, tossut, matot, talvi, kaikkea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Gini,
    Lovely that you found here. The stool is made by my grandfather and is my mothers, every child got a stool in her/his size. Greetings to the mountains, which I dream of!

    Heippa Hanna Päivikki,
    Kodista tulee hyvä mieli, varsinkin kun siellä tuoksuu uunista juuri otetut vegaani karjalanpiirakat! Terveisiä Panamaan, toivottavasti merivesi on lämmintä ja banaanisato mehevä (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my these are brilliant! love them! want some too!! like your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you dearly sweet Veronik/Mieke. It is a strange feeling to find treasures from past, when you were just a 9 year old. Happy you visited, please be welcome back again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! (Somehow I didn´t see this before today.) Have a good Wednesday Lotte!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these 2 little ones are adorable ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used your photo for a little tribute to your adorable slippers ... it is online at our place

    ReplyDelete